Galcon’s Fertimix is a top of the line fertigation machine that mixes various kinds of fertilizers. Each Fertimix machine includes a mixing tank, and comes with a Galileo controller and EC/pH control.
According to their needs, customers can choose from four models: Fertimex 1, 2, 3 or 4. All models have an inlet pressure of more than 2.5 bars and an outlet pressure of up to 4.5 bars. Each Fertimex system can be equipped with up to 8 fertilizer pumps (350 L/H). All Fertimix machines include two kinds of pumps: a Venturi pump and a booster pump.
|Fertimix 1″||up to 9 cubic meters per hour||100 liter tank|
|Fertimix 2″||up to 25 cubic meters per hour||200 liter tank|
|Fertimix 3″||up to 35 cubic meters per hour||300 liter tank|
|Fertimix 4″||up to 60 cubic meters per hour (high flow)||500 liter tank|
Additional components include:
- Water meter with an electric pulse connected to the controller.
- Hydraulic inlet and outlet valves.
- A float for balancing the water inlet into the tank (with the outlet onto the field).
- A triple purpose electric pump for fertilizer suction and pressure for irrigation and mixing power.
- Water temperature sensor in order to prevent that water will boil due to low flow rate.
All Fertimex machines have the following machine components:
- A strong, modular, non-corrosive frame out of Aluminium
- PVC non-corrosive piping and fittings
- All necessary connections (electric cables) ready for use including a starter for the booster pump.
A Venturi pump is a T-shape device with a unique nozzle inside. It converts the speed of the water into suction and causes the fertilizer to mix in the water. Models include a standard model of 350 l/hr and a high flow model of 1,200 l/hr.
|Electric valves||Installed on the entrance of the machine.
Connected to the controller.
Controlled by the controller.
|Controller||Calculates the required injection rate and operates the solenoid accordingly|
|Changing rate||1-2 second working/pausing time|
|Flow meter||Transparent conic tube with a ball inside that rises according to the momentary flow rate of the fertilizer.
Includes a small valve for adjustment of the flow rate.
|Fertimeter (optional)||Sends pulses to the controller|
|Fertilization||According to volume|
|Hydraulic valve||Normally closed to prevent leakage of fertilizer into the empty line when the system is idle|
The booster pump is an electric stainless steel (non-corrosive) pump, ranging from 2HP up to 25HP. It enables high speed flow through the Venturi for suction of the fertilizer. In the Fertimix itself, it also builds up irrigation water pressure.
- Electric pressure stat prevents any operation in the electric pump in “no water” cases.
- The pressure sustaining valve prevents cavity in the electric pump.
- Level sensor for automation and information.
The EC/pH system includes a sampling cell with two electrodes EC and pH that are connected to an electronic monitor. The monitor converts the electrodes signal to a standard 4-20 mA signal that is read by the Galileo controller. The monitor is equipped with a display and a keyboard for constant and clear presentation of data during operations. The monitor also enables calibration of the electrode readings.