Galcon’s FertiGal is a top-notch inline mixing machine with direct injection (without the need for a mixing tank). The machine mixes various kinds of fertilizers in the main Irrigation line. All FertiGals come with our Galileo controller as well as EC/pH control. Each FertiGal system can be equipped with up to 8 fertilizer pumps (350 L/H). All Fertigal machines include two kinds of pumps: a Venturi pump and a booster pump.
According to their needs, customers can choose from five models: Mini FertiGal and FertiGal 1”, 2”, 3”, 4”. All models have an inlet pressure of more than 2.5 bars. On request, higher pressure models are available via special order.
|Mini FertiGal||up to 25 cubic meters per hour||compact up to 4 fertilizer pump 2″ machine|
|FertiGal 1″||up to 10 cubic meters per hour|
|FertiGal 2″||up to 25 cubic meters per hour|
|FertiGal 3″||up to 50 cubic meters per hour|
|FertiGal 4″||up to 100 cubic meters per hour|
|FertiGal 6″||up to 100 cubic meters per hour|
Additional components include:
- Hydraulic main pressure reducing valve that is installed at the inlet of the machine. It can be regulated to maintain the desired pressure.
- Main tubing according to the size of the machine.
- A filter that is installed at the outlet of the machine. It serves as a secondary filter and assists with mixing the fertilizer with the water.
All FertiGal machines have the following machine components:
- A strong, modular, non-corrosive frame out of Aluminium
- PVC non-corrosive piping and fittings
- All necessary connections (electric cables) ready for use including a starter for the booster pump.
A Venturi pump is a T-shape device with a unique nozzle inside. It converts the speed of the water into suction and causes the fertilizer to mix in the water. Models include a standard model of 350 l/hr and a high flow model of 1,200 l/hr.
|Electric valves||Installed on the entrance of the machine.
Connected to the controller.
Controlled by the controller.
|The controller||Calculates the required injection rate and operates the solenoid accordingly|
|Changing rate||1-2 second working/pausing time|
|Flow meter||Transparent conic tube with a ball inside that rises according to the momentary flow rate of the fertilizer.
Includes a small valve for adjustment of the flow rate.
|Fertimeter (optional)||Sends pulses to the controller|
|Fertilization||According to volume|
|Hydraulic valve||Normally closed to prevent leakage of fertilizer into the empty line when the system is idle|
The booster pump is an electric stainless steel (non-corrosive) pump, ranging from 2HP up to 25HP. It enables high speed flow through the Venturi for suction of the fertilizer. In the FertiGal itself, it also builds up irrigation water pressure.
- Electric pressure stat prevents any operation in the electric pump in “no water” cases.
- The pressure sustaining valve prevents cavity in the electric pump.
- Level sensor for automation and information.
The EC/pH system includes a sampling cell with two electrodes EC and pH that are connected to an electronic monitor. The monitor converts the electrodes signal to a standard 4-20 mA signal that is read by the Galileo controller. The monitor is equipped with a display and a keyboard for constant and clear presentation of data during operations. The monitor also enables calibration of the electrode readings.